|1988||BA, Biology and Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem|
|1995||Ph.D. Neurobiology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem|
|1995 – 1997||Postdoc, University of Washington, Seattle WA|
|1997 – 2002||Postdoc , Northwestern University, Evanston, IL|
|2002 –||Senior Scientist (assistant professor), Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science|
|since 2010||Associate Professor, Dept. of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science|
Awards and Honors
|1986||Dean’s Award, Hebrew University|
|1992||Wolf Foundation Award for graduated students.|
|1992||Landau Foundation Award for distinction in Ph.D. research, Mifal Hapayis, Israel.|
|1992||Katzir Foundation for Ph.D. Research, Weizmann Institute|
|1994||International Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSP) Award for Long-term Postdoctoral Research Fellowship|
|1994||Wolfson Foundation -Postdoctoral Research Fellowship|
|2002||Clore Prize for new Scientist|
|2008||Neufeld Memorial Research Grant, United States- Israel Binational Science Foundation (BSF)|
Memberships, academic and professional functions
|2010 – 2011||Member of the Israel Society of Neuroscience (ISFN) committee|
|2014 –||The department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute. Head of the Search committee.|
|2016 –||Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), Member. Max Planck Society.|
Most important publications
- Cohen-Kashi Malina K, Mohar B, Rappaport AN, Lampl I. Local and thalamic origins of correlated ongoing and sensory-evoked cortical activities. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12740.
- Mohar B, Ganmor E, Lampl I. Faithful Representation of Tactile Intensity under Different Contexts Emerges from the Distinct Adaptive Properties of the First Somatosensory Relay Stations. J Neurosci. 2015 May 6;35(18):6997–7002.
- Ganmor E, Katz Y, Lampl I. Intensity-dependent adaptation of cortical and thalamic neurons is controlled by brainstem circuits of the sensory pathway. 2010 Apr 29;66(2):273–86.
- Okun M, Naim A, Lampl I. The subthreshold relation between cortical local field potential and neuronal firing unveiled by intracellular recordings in awake rats. J Neurosci. 2010 Mar 24;30(12):4440–8.
- Okun M, Lampl I. Instantaneous correlation of excitation and inhibition during ongoing and sensory-evoked activities. Nat Neurosci. 2008 May;11(5):535–7.
Phone: +972-8 9343179; +972-8 9344131